Bus Industry Monitor, published since 1991, is a major source of reference material about the UK Bus Industry. The pages in this section feature articles arranged into a series of topics, including
- INTRO - commentaries about the industry and different aspects of its work
- MARKET - a series of articles about the market for bus services - what drives demand and why, with statistical analysis to back this up
- STRUCTURE - articles about the current structure of the industry and how it evolved.
- INVESTMENT - analysis of trends on capital expenditure and fleet investment
- COMPANIES - detailed reports on over 100 individual bus companies up and down the country including financial performance from 2007/08 to 2018/19. Figures for 2019/20 are being processed.
- PERFORMANCE - profitability, benchmarking, trend analysis for the industry, including national, sector and regional analysis
- BENCHMARKS - The detailed data on national league tables of performance
- REGIONS - the data behind our analysis of performance in different regions of the UK
Using the BIM Section
Once logged into the subscription area of the site, you can access the various articles by using the special Bus Industry Monitor menu which will appear at the top of your screen and remain with you whilst you remain in this section of the site: the logo on the page will also change to indicate this.
You will also have access to the Groups Monitor section, which provides commentaries and information about the five multi-modal groups quoted on the London stock market.