Rail Industry Monitor, published since 1993, is a major source of reference material about the UK Rail Industry.
The pages feature articles and listings information about different aspects of the industry, arranged into a series of section headings:
- STATISTICS - Current and previous franchise holders for every passenger rail franchise since 1996, including current expiry dates, and operating statistics
- MARKET - topics about the market for passenger rail services
- PERFORMANCE - profitability, benchmarking and trend analysis for the passenger railway
- INVESTMENT - analysis of current and future spending
- STRUCTURE - articles on the structure of the rail industry and how it is funded.
- TOC RESULTS - information on individual passenger rail companies. They cover each year between 2007/08 and 2018/19. The 2019/20 figures will be added as they become available.
- FOC RESULTS - information on individual rail freight companies. They cover each year between 2007/08 and 2018/19. The 2019/20 figures will be added as they become available.
- THE FREIGHT RAILWAY - analysis of the market statistics about rail freight in the context of both the economy and the competition from other modes.
Using the RIM Section
Once you have logged into the subscriber section of the site, you can access the various articles by using the special Rail Industry Monitor menu at the top of the page. This will stay with you so long as you are in the RIM section of the site. The logo at the top of the page also indicates that you are in the RIM section.
You also have access to the Groups Monitor section, which provides commentaries and information about the four multi-modal groups quoted on the London stock market and Arriva, the Deutsche Bahn subsidiary..